- Well, I had a specific plan..... not a generic "I'm giving up sugar." But I sat down and wrote down 4 simple steps that I was going to take for when I was eating out of boredom or just because, when I was eating out of stress and so forth.
- I didn't remove the junk food from the house. Say what?!? Yeah, I didn't rid my house of junk food, because the reality is - that isn't my reality. There is ALWAYS going to be something somewhere. So if I can only resist sugar when it's not around, then well, what's going to happen when I am surrounded by it?
- I added seeds to my diet. I'm not sure if this helped, but it was definitely something I'd never done before. And the day that I didn't have pumpkin or sunflower seeds, my cravings were more intense. Like I said, it could be coincidence, but this was something that I'd never done in the past. I sprinkled raw pumpkin and sunflower seeds on my salad.
- I had you. I was accountable to you every day, and I knew that I would have to honestly report my progress. And I couldn't stand the thoughts of telling you that sugar was stronger than me. So when those cravings hit, and I wanted to reach for sweets, I thought of you - who are following me on this journey.
- I did not cut carbs. Before when I tried to cut sugar, I think I also tried to do too many things at once. This time I focused on eliminating junk food sweets only.
- Eat 1/2 to 1 veggies at breakfast - probably V8 juice or a smoothie or possibly spinach in an omelette.
- Eat 1 veggie at lunch.
- Eat 2 veggies at dinner (and for those circumstances where I know that I won't get 2 veggies at dinner, then I will make sure that I get 2 veggies at lunch. Or I could also have a veggie with my afternoon snack.)
I am seriously forever thankful for all of you who have helped me along this journey to overcoming my sugar addiction. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Words cannot express how grateful I am for your encouragement.
To see the post that started it all, click here.
And to read What Happened After 14 Days Free of Sugar, click here.
Writing is one of my passions, and I'm stepping out there on faith to follow my dream. If you like this blog or this post, please take a moment to share it with friends. Thank you for helping me follow my dream
Share this on Facebook?
Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Please Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using the affiliate link.